Pasture and Rangeland Research
- Select and develop high yielding and protein–rich forages to supplement poor quality native pastures and crop residues.
- Develop forage production techniques that integrate forages with food crops to avoid displacement of food and cash crops by forages.
- Develop simple and low-cost conventional pastures for specialised ruminant animal farms.
- Develop appropriate fodder conservation techniques that help reduce the growing pressure on native pasture and forest resources during the dry season.
- Produce and avail legume and grass seed for dry land and irrigated pastures.
- Conserve and utilize forage genetic resources (e.g. grasses and legumes).