DROUGHT TOLERANT MAIZE HYBRID ZS265
265 - Released in 2010
- Semi-flint, medium maturing hybrid (130 days).
- Yield potential of 7-12t/ha.
- Excellent standability.
- Fat cobs.
- Excellent tolerance to MSV, GLS and cob rots
- Good levels of tolerance to low nitrogen.
- Tolerant to drought and low soil pH stress.
- Recommended for production in NR111– V.
The Head, Crop Breeding Institute
Fifth Street Extension, P. O. Box CY 550, Causeway,
TEL: 04 704531/9; Fax 04 731133
Department of Research & Specialist Services
Ministry of Agriculture, Mechanization and Irrigation Development