Core Functions for Grasslands Research Institute
- Research, develop and conserve livestock breeds, pastures and forages adaptable to Zimbabwe’s agro-ecological zones.
- Conduct research for developing appropriate and sustainable livestock production information and technologies for farmer support.
- Package and disseminate new and relevant information on livestock productivity and production.
- Conduct training of extension agents and lead farmers to share information developed on livestock productivity, production and best practices.
- Characterize and conserve plant and livestock genetic resources for future breeding, food and agriculture.
- Provide testing and advisory services on animal feeds and animal management.
In fulfilling its core functions, GRI creates linkages and smart partnerships with stakeholders in the livestock industry.